Cleaning Solutions Cleaning Solution
- Cleaning a wound removes loose debris and planktonic (free-floating) bacteria, provides protection to promote an optimal environment for healing, and facilitates wound assessment by optimizing visualization of the wound.
- You should clean a wound every time you change a dressing, unless it’s contraindicated.
- Provides a moist wound environment
- Essential for tissue cell development
- Assists in autolytic debridement
- Provides an optimal moist environment for wound healing