What is a spacer? …
- A spacer slows down the medicine delivered from a metered-dose inhaler.
- This way the medicine stays in the spacer and patient can breathe it into his/her lungs.
- Without a spacer, the medicine sprays directly into your mouth and throat, and less of it reaches the lungs.
- A spacer is also called an aerosol-holding chamber.
What is a metered-dose inhaler? …
- Many asthma medicines are given using a metered-dose inhaler (MDI).
- An MDI is made up of a metal canister inserted into a plastic holder.
- The metal canister contains the asthma medicine.
- When the canister is pushed down, it sprays a puff of medicine out.
- An MDI should be used with a spacer in order to get the dose of medicine into the lungs.
An oxygen concentrator (also sometimes called “oxygen generator”) is a medical device used to deliver oxygen.
Oxygen delivery devices for home use
The pulse oximeter, which is used for evaluating the oxygen status of patients in a variety of clinical settings
Oxygen is used as a medical treatment in both chronic and acute cases
An incentive spirometer is a device that measures how deeply you can inhale (breathe in). This helps prevent lung problems, such as pneumonia.
Cough assit device that helps improve clearance of secretions