Suture (Stitches) Removal Kit Staple / Suture Removal Kit
How to use Suture remover?
- The wound is cleaned with an antiseptic to remove encrusted blood and loosened scar tissue.
- Sterile forceps (tongs or pincers) are used to pick up the knot of each suture, and then surgical scissors or a small knife blade is used to cut the suture. Forceps are used to remove the loosened suture and pull the thread from the skin.
- These relatively painless steps are continued until the sutures have all been removed. You may feel a tug or slight pull as a stitch is removed.
- The wound is cleansed again.
- Adhesive strips are often placed over the wound to allow the wound to continue strengthening.