Blood Pressure Monitor – Digital Blood Pressure
The American Heart Association recommends home monitoring for all people with high blood pressure to help the healthcare provider determine whether treatments are working.
How to use a home blood pressure monitor
- Be still.
Don’t smoke, drink caffeinated beverages or exercise within 30 minutes before measuring your blood pressure.
- Sit correctly.
Sit with your back straight and supported (on a dining chair, rather than a sofa). Your feet should be flat on the floor and your legs should not be crossed. Your arm should be supported on a flat surface (such as a table) with the upper arm at heart level. Make sure the middle of the cuff is placed directly above the eye of the elbow. Check your monitor’s instructions for an illustration or have your healthcare provider show you how.
- Measure at the same time every day.
It’s important to take the readings at the same time each day, such as morning and evening, or as your healthcare professional recommends.
- Take multiple readings and record the results.
Each time you measure, take two or three readings one minute apart and record the results using a printableor online tracker. If your monitor has built-in memory to store your readings, take it with you to your appointments. Some monitors may also allow you to upload your readings to a secure website after you register your profile.
Automatic – Fully
- This fully automated, easy to use Digital Blood Pressure Monitor has been clinically tested for accuracy.
- Features self adjusting cuff inflation with easy one-touch operation.
- The large LCD display indicates systolic, diastolic and pulse readings simultaneously while storing up to 99 readings.
- Includes: Four AA batteries, DC power port, nylon storage case
- Cuff Range: 13″-17″
Automatic – Semi
Manual inflation of cuff using rubber bulb, then automatic deflation and final reading.
- The WristMate Digital Blood Pressure Monitor is clinically tested for optimum accuracy.
- The easy to use automatic inflation system will provide fast and reliable readings by attaching to the user’s wrist.
- The large LCD display will indicate systolic, diastolic and pulse readings simultaneously while storing up to 40 readings for 3 family members.
- Includes World Health Organization (WHO) indicator for blood pressure classification.